Sunday 4 May 2008

The Mummy Tax

Picture from art.com

Miss Mischief insisted I should tell you about the 'Mummy Tax', having been taxed herself, last night!

A friend of mine introduced this to me, by default really. She had opened a little packet of chips for her son and declared "Mummy Tax" and proceeded to take one chip out of the bag for herself and passed the rest to her son. Her son didn't bat an eyelid, but simply accepted that Mum does stuff like that! My children thought it was quite funny, and somehow where once they were reluctant to share one chip with me they were quite accepting of the "Mummy Tax". They knew it would only be one chip (or a bite of anything they happened to be enjoying). They will now share quite willingly, knowing we have no intention of depriving them of their entire treat.

Last night we were out for dinner for my Mum's 60th birthday and the children had chips served with their meals. Mr Busy handed me a chip and said "Here Mum, Mummy Tax". Miss Mischief, on the other hand, had to pay a "Daddy Tax" and feeling slightly miffed to lose one chip off her huge pile, said "You should tell people on your blog about this". I think she feels that if she has to share, then so should every other child on the planet!

3 comments:

The Tin House said...

Tracy - you've made me smile! We have food tax in this house too! (mind you...it's only ever imposed on delicious things!) Lisa x

Patricia said...

This is just too cute! I think it should be a rule in each and every home. ;)
Patricia

High Stakes Online Poker said...

Your phrase is brilliant