Saturday 31 May 2008

Baked Herb Ricotta

This recipe is very simple and surprisingly satisfying. It's perfect for dinner, or if you're having some ladies over for lunch. It will keep in the fridge for a few days ~ so leftovers can be had cold or warmed in the microwave. Very versatile. It is also very frugal, as ricotta is only around $5-7/kg.

Baked Herb Ricotta

1kg ricotta cheese (not the low fat)
3 eggs
zest of 1 lemon
fresh thyme sprigs
olive oil

  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
  2. Grease a 23cm springform pan and line the base with baking paper.
  3. In a bowl, combine ricotta, eggs and lemon zest.
  4. Press into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with thyme sprigs and drizzle very lightly with olive oil.
  5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. It will go just barely golden on the top and will puff up a little.
  6. Remove from oven and very carefully remove the sides of the pan. Slice into wedges and serve.
You may have wondered what happened to me yesterday....I ran the first session of the parenting course I am facilitating. I think it went well. One of the participants is an older-than-me lady in my church (ie. her kids are married) and she was very encouraging at the end of the session. Now I will spend this week getting my head completely saturated with session 2!!!

No comments: