Friday 11 April 2008

Quilt Project Completed


I finally finished one of the two wall hanging quilts I was working on in my sewing circle time last term. I just love how it's turned out and it is now hanging in my entry hallway, on a wire coat-hanger with pegs. Why such a crude and rustic hanger which does absolutely no justice to the quilt? Because I couldn't wait long enough to get a nice looking hanging thingo before putting this on the wall...that's why!

I have to say, I'm rather pleased with the mitered corners on the binding. I got out my '501 Quilt Blocks' book and followed the instructions very carefully and VOILA! Perfect corners. I also learned from Mrs Martin that you don't stitch down the fold of the corners on the front side. See...I knew my sewing circle time would be filled with more than just stitching for my own joy ~ I learn something new almost every week!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I really like this! The colors are perfect, and the reminder about the "fruits" will be pleasant in your home!

Dianne said...

This is truly a piece of art. Very Beautiful, Tracy. What a fantastic job you have done!

Lorraine said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog....it is amazing how many of us there is....one could get lost in blogland (quite easily!) - your wallhaning is great - and I can understand not wanting it wait to get it on the wall! Didn't notice the hanger btw!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, the wallhanging is beautiful. Great colours and inspirational too.

Tracy said...

Thank you for your kind comments ladies.

I deliberately didn't show the hanger ~ it really isn't very pretty!

You should've seen the original pattern. It was all in either green or red plaids. When I took it into Mrs Martin's I told her I wanted pink & green florals...so she zipped about the shop and found all kinds of fabrics that went together...and that I loved. Then she figured out how much fabric I needed, cos the pattern didn't say...she's just amazing!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW! What a beautiful wallhanging! You did a great job Tracy, well done! I'm not very good at sewing, so I'm in awe! The colours are just perfect and I love the theme of the Fruit of the Spirit. You talented lady!

Love, Tina :)

Lynn said...

This is utterly gorgeous - you are very talented.