Thursday 10 April 2008

The Maker's Diet...yet again

Picture from art.com

It's time. I made the drastic decision to go back and do the Maker's Diet (book by Jordan Rubin) again. Such a restrictive program is not something I ordinarily endorse or embrace, but my struggles are somewhat unique and without medical reasoning to help me I need to do what I know will work.

Being healthy and enjoying life is important to me. As a mother I am very careful about what my children eat and drink and that they enjoy a healthy well balanced diet so that their bodies are as healthy as possible. It's time to be as diligent with myself.

For me, this is also about being a good steward of the life & body that God has given me. I've not done such a wonderful job of it at times, and I'm reaping the consequences now.

In just over a month I will begin facilitating a parenting program. I want to be able to stand before that group of parents looking like I am capable of a diligent and self-controlled life ~ an outward sign of the fruit of the Spirit within.

Six weeks should just about do it~ I hope!

6 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wishing you well while you do the Makers Diet.
I don't know anything about it but I know the Maker!! :0)

I just found you and I'll be back!

Tracy said...

I hope this gives you the results you are looking for!

Tammy said...

I just want you to know I enjoy your blog.

Let us know how you do!

God Bless!

Tracy said...

Tori & Nanny, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! You've both brightened my day considerably. Now you know how little it takes to make me a happy gal LOL.

I will definitely update with results ~ because I know they will come and I will be super excited about it! The day I fit into my favourite pair of trousers with embroidery down the lower half of the leg you'll be the FIRST to know LOL

Dianne said...

I've read the Maker's Diet Book but have not actually followed that diet. But I understand what you are talking about in controlling what you eat. I presently need to take some weight off and I follow a plan that I have used through a group here where I live called "Your Image". It is a diet that basically uses all foods from all the different food groups but you measure things and make up your meals from proteins, carbs (measured and in small quantities), fats, veggies. Each meal has each of those elements in it but in controlled portions plus drinking lots of water. I lost 37 lbs. on it and need to go back. It's not that I haven't been following this plan but I have stopped measuring things and have added desserts which are not included so I have gradually put back on what I lost.

Good luck on your plan! Keep us informed concerning your progress.

Anonymous said...

This is an area I need to put some effort into too. I tend to overeat when the weather is cold/wet...comforting I suppose. Anyway, I wish you well in this. It's good that you are doing it to honour the Lord. There's a lesson there for me too.

Love, Tina :)