Friday 11 April 2008

Just a very quick post. I was looking through the box of books for sale in the staffroom at school and found this absolute gem. It will cost me less than half price, so I'm ordering it.

What was sooo appealing that I just had to have yet another cookbook? This isn't just yet another cookbook. It is full of memories and background stories to each recipe. The pictures that go with it are just beautiful. It has a vintage feel in a brand new book. I love that I get to wander through the writers childhood and her life. I am also hoping that I will be inspired as I begin a recipe journal type of book for each of my girls for when they leave home.

Oh it was just beautiful. I can't wait to have it at home!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

What a cute picture on the cover of your newly discovered cookbook. It sounds like a wonderful book to treasure and enjoy. I hope you will have fun reading through it and will get ideas for your recipe journals for your girls.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the sound of the book! And the picture of the red mary-jane shoes is so adorable! I love red shoes!

Love, Tina :)

Tracy said...

Actually Tina, I thought of you and Kate, from Our Red House when I saw it! Because I knew you'd both love it too.