Thursday 27 March 2008

Cleaning ... Guests ... Holidays

Picture by Melinda Byers from art.com

I just love the school holidays. The days are long and unhurried. I have time to get some extra things done at home. The children spend hour upon hour playing and we are able to catch up with friends we don't see too often.

I think Rhonda must have been peeking in my Fridge, so I will be cleaning it some time today. I'll take a before and after photo and post it ~ mostly for her benefit....but I think I'll need to remind myself very soon that it was once Shiny! I also have a bathroom, toilet and laundry to clean before lunch time today. Tina has sufficiently inspired me with her post today. So much cleaning in so little time. There's hope for me yet!

The reason for my cleaning deadline? We have some precious friends coming for lunch and an afternoon play today. Miss Sunshine was in preschool and prep with the oldest daughter of this family, whom we met at Playgroup. Their second daughter is the same age as Miss Mischief, so while the older girls played at school, the younger two played together each week at playgroup and saw each other in the playground as we picked up children at the end of each day. At the end of Sunshine's Prep year we moved and so it has taken more effort to stay in touch, but the girls write letters through the term and we manage to spend a day together every few months. The 'other mum' also became a good friend during those years so we ALL enjoy the day. Even Mr Busy is included in the girl's fun!

Despite the rain yesterday the kids were out in the cubby house playing. Dh cleaned out the 'dungeon' (shed, under the house) and provided a dead microwave and breadmaker to their little pretend home. They just can't spend enough time out there! I'm hoping the weather will be fine enough for the five of them to play out there today.

Then again, we're enjoying the rain!!! The cubby is big enough and waterproof enough not to worry too much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful day and the fridge got cleaned. I have just taken my before picture (I can't believe anyone would want to look inside my fidge)and will post pics after dinner. If I get it cleaned:)

Anonymous said...

I loved hearing about your children's playhouse, complete with old microwave, etc...what fun! Make believe games and 'playing house' are just so much fun...I miss seeing and hearing my children play in this way (they are 17 and 15 yrs old now). Happy days!

Love, Tina :)

Dianne said...

Tracy,

It sounds like your children are going to have a wonderful day playing with their friends.

My husband made a playhouse for our grandchildren (actually it started out being a fort for the two boys and when they out grew it, it was modified to be a playhouse for the two girls). They all had a blast playing in it. The girls are enjoying it now!

Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Well, all five of the kids played out there for a few hours yesterday ~ the sun actually came out too!

When we went to bring them inside my friend couldn't see them....they were in the loft. Yes, it's a very fine cubby house! A definite plus that we inherited when we bought this house!