Saturday 23 February 2008

Summer Storms

We're right at the end of summer here. At the end of next week we will be officially in Autumn. Remember a few days ago I mentioned we'd had nearly a week of really warm days? Well yesterday afternoon storms rolled in. The wind began to blow and the clouds went from white and fluffy to deep grey and heavy laden.

The picture above was taken looking down our backyard and over the back fence. We have a magnificent view out the back and I just had to go and snap a picture of those amazing clouds against the white trunk of that gum tree to the left of centre.

Around 9pm last night the rain began. Heavy and soaking ~ just what our drought stricken land needs.

And yes, us gals from church are still going to the beach today ~ to sit in a cafe and watch the weather, rather than walking along the edge of the water with sand between our toes. I might take the camera and take a picture across the bay. I'm not a real beach lover anymore, but I do love to watch stormy weather over the sea.

3 comments:

The Tin House said...

Tracy, I saw your comment at Our Red House just now about posting photos with writing in between. When you post, you have to choose the tab with edit html on it. Then you write your post and when you decide what photos you want and where you want them, you hit the little photo icon. This prompts you to browse your photos and you hit the upload button. When you hit 'done', you return to your blog and right up the top you'll see a whole lot of html code. Cut and paste this code to where you want your photo to appear. If you want to see what it looks like, you can choose "preview". Hope this helps. Lisa

Tracy said...

Thanks Lisa, I'm a little bit scared of html code because I know less than nothing about it. But I will definitely be brave and give it a go!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I loved your photo with the white gum tree against the blackening sky...wow!

Hope you gals enjoyed your day out!

Love, Tina :)