Tuesday 5 February 2008

Shrove Tuesday....Pancake Day!


In our house Shrove Tuesday means pancakes. To us, pancakes are dessert rather than breakfast. However, this year we had Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni, make with crepes. I absolutely detest trying to get filling into those stupid little pasta tubes, which never seem to cook properly anyway. So I always make crepes when I make Cannelloni. The picture shows my Cannelloni partially put together. Once the dish was full I poured the rest of the tomato sauce over the top and topped with grated cheese and baked it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your canneloni looks delicious. I know what you mean about those little tubes. I once saw Jamie Oliver make it with fresh lasagne sheets, which he rolled up mach like your crepes.

It's great that you have started a blog. I'll look forward to reading more.

Kate

Tracy said...

Thanks Kate! I'm actually really enjoying the blog experience so far. I'm not sure if I'm game to tell anyone I know IRL about it, but it's fun.

I'm going to have to figure out how to put up a list of my favourite blogs somewhere too :)

lightening said...

Yummo!!! How cool is that. Thank you so much for having a link to my blog in your sidebar. I really appreciate it. :)

Tracy said...

It's my pleasure Lightening ~ I've really enjoyed lurking at your blog for a couple of months ;-)