Tuesday 12 February 2008

School Daze

One of the things I do with my week is to spend 2 hours per week in each of the kids classrooms ~ yes, that means 6 hours per week. Minimum. Sometimes it's more. Rarely it's less. One of the beauties of being a SAHM is the opportunity to be involved in my children's education...and our school welcomes parent help.

Yesterday I helped in Miss Sunshine's class. I hadn't done that with her last year cos I had too much else going on. She's in the same classroom this year. He is an amazing teacher and Miss Sunshine is loving being in his class again. I'm going to enjoy getting to know what happens in her classroom and reaquaint myself with her friends. Not to mention the opportunity to support her teacher in his job of educating my daughter.

Today I spent the morning with Mr Busy and then then until lunch time with Miss Mischief. I adore Mr Busy's class. The kids are just beautiful. I worked with them over the last two years, so I've gotten to know all of them. I feel like I am of the most benefit to the teacher AND the kids there. And the kids are really responsive to grown ups when they're only 6-8yo's! That...and I get to soothe tears, cuddle away fears, encourage them to do their best and celebrate their successes. Yep...I love those littlies. They're the best!!!!

I know I'm going to love getting to know Miss Mischief's teacher better too. I've chatted with her plenty of times in the staffroom between classrooms last year, but I'm looking forward to seeing how she works. I love the tone of her classroom and the way she cares for the kids and encourages them to care for each other.

No comments: