Wednesday 13 February 2008

Recipe Review

I made the Herbed Ricotta fritters last night for dinner, that I had planned, from the April '07 edition of Super Food Ideas. If you're anything like me, that edition is still in the large pile of foodie mags that need to be culled. My current pile is about 2-3 years worth and I am working through them now. I've gone through three magazines this week and pulled out what I wanted to keep and ditched the magazine. It was really hard to do...but I did it!

Anyway...the fritters. They were very simple to make and wonderfully cheap. It cost me $2.93 for the ricotta and I had 2 or the 3 herbs growing outside. My children aren't fond of fresh herbs, but with a little tomato sauce they coped with it. I enjoyed every mouthful just as it was with a little freshly ground sea salt on it. They were light and fresh tasting.

If adding some vegetarian meals to your menu is a goal, then these should be included in it. I served it with herbed potato cubes (baked), carrots and green beans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked through my folder of magazine recipes and I have the Herb Ricotta Fritters to try. I think I will give them a go after your review.

Tracy said...

I hope you enjoy them. I also had a friend pop over and try a leftover one I had and she loved them too.