Monday 18 February 2008

More Menu's Monday

I woke up this morning wondering which day of the weekend it was. Imagine my surprise when I finally worked through my foggy haze to discover that it is Monday! I worked on my menu plan last night so I'm all set for the week. Although some of the meals will be switched around to suit the heat of today and tomorrow, and then the cooler days for the rest of the week. You can't do a roast when it's 34C and you have no cooling in the house!

Monday: Pork Roast, with roast pumpkin & potatoes, honey carrots, broccoli & cauliflower
Tuesday: Baked Chive Ricotta, herbed potato cubes, salad
Wednesday: Moussaka, scallop potatoes, beans & carrots
Thursday: Gnocchi with tomato/vegetable sauce
Friday: Honey Soy Chicken Wings, salad
Saturday: L/O moussaka for the family & I'm out with ladies from church for fish & chips at the beach.
Sunday: Roast Lamb with roast potato, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound yummy! I admire you for cooking anything in such high temperatures! Over here in Scotland, it's considered unbearably hot if it reaches the mid-twenties celcius! A nice Summer's Day temperature would be around 16c...just perfect!
Love, Tina :)

Tracy said...

Oh my! 16C is our winter top temperature. That would be on the warm side of normal.

Our summers are more like high 20's to low 30's and the odd 40+ day. I don't enjoy it that much though. If it becomes unbearable I just bbq my meat & potatoes outside and have salads with it.