Friday 15 February 2008

The Hills are Alive...

...with the sound of music.

I finally started teaching Mr Busy the piano. I wanted to do it last year, but I had too much going on and didn't get to it. So as I type, he's sitting there with the Primer A music book fiddling his way through some early pieces. I HOPE he's 'quarter, quarter, half-noting' his way through them, but knowing him, I doubt it! I have explained the importance of timing and getting a piece of music right. You can't play with other instruments if you don't!

I also need to think about moving the girls on. They had lessons in Prep and Year 1 and enjoy sitting down whenever they feel the urge. However, they are stuck at the pieces that they are very familiar with and not adventurous enough to try something new. Again, something I wanted to address last year and didn't manage to get to.

No comments: