Sunday 24 February 2008

Coconut Bread

This recipe was one we enjoyed when I was a child. It's incredibly simple, only has four ingredients and always works. Miss Sunshine is in charge of a simple chocolate cake in our house. I'm thinking I should hand this one over to Miss Mischief.

Coconut Bread

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup sugar (I use about 3/4 cup)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
Mix ingredients until completely combined.
Pour into a greased loaf tin.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on a cake rack.

We serve this sliced and buttered. Although while it's warm it really doesn't need the butter at all.

No, I didn't forget the egg or the butter/oil. It doesn't have any.

From my Kitchen to yours ~ enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice and easy...just what I like!
Love, Tina :)